Salmon and Fennel
|Salmon fillet||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fennel bulb||1 Large|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1) Take a skillet and poach salmon in water (to about enough to cover the fillet) and half of lime juice. Press the pointed edge of knife into the thickest part of salmon to check if it is cooked.
2) If the flesh is flaky, remove salmon from pan and skin and flake it roughly.. Cover to keep it warm.
3) Slice fennel into matchstick thin strips.
4) Now, take a frying pan and heat oil in it. Stir fry fennel strips to about 6-8 minutes.
5) Stir in garlic and lemon zest and saute for about a minute. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice as per taste.
6) Pour fennel sauce over freshly cooked pasta and toss. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.6 mg10.2%
Sodium 292.8 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 17% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet