|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Trim base, tops and outer tough leaves from fennel.
3. Slice prepared fennel into ¼ inch slices.
4. Wash them well.
5. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook fennel until tender; drained.
6. In a shallow greased oven dish, place half of the fennel; season and add half of the melted butter and half of the grated cheese.
7. Top with remaining fennel; season and add remaining with butter and cheese.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot fennel Parmigiana with garlic bread or toast.