Mediterranean Fish Stew
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Fennel bulb||1 Small, halved and shredded|
|White wine||150 Milliliter|
|Tinned plum tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Tin)|
|Chicken stock||300 Milliliter|
|Firm white fish||400 Gram, skinless, cut into chunks|
|Cooked peeled prawns||250 Gram|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Ounce, chopped (A Bunch)|
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium flame.
2. Add garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the fennel, sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
4. Add chili and paprika, and pour in the wine.
5. Simmer until wine has reduced.
6. Stir in the tomatoes and stock.
7. Simmer stew for 15 to 20 minutes until slightly thickened.
8. Reduce flame to low and add fish chunks.
9. Cover the pan and simmer fish for 3 to 5 minutes.
10. Add prawns and cook until pink.
11. Ladle the stew into deep dish soup plates.
12. Garnish with chopped parsley.
13. Serve with crusty bread.