Moroccan Style Chicken with Carrot and Orange Salad
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Pine nuts||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken thighs||8|
|Carrots||14 Ounce, grated (400 Gram)|
|Mixed salad leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Pre-heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5.
2) Slit open the chicken thighs and create enough space to add a spoonful of stuffing into each thigh.
3) Mix 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon with the cumin and coriander in a small bowl. Keep it aside
4)To make the stuffing, in a frying pan, heat the oil.
5) Add the onion, saute till they become soft and colored.
6) Then add the pine nuts, saute till they are slightly toasted.
7) Now add the spice mix, raisins and half the juice of lemon. Stir through for a minute and remove the pan from heat.
8) Stuff a spoonfull of the mixture into each chicken thigh. Close the chicken meat with the stuffing in it. Fasten each thigh with a couple of cocktail sticks.
9) Place the chicken thighs in a non-stick roasting tin with the cocktail sticks facing down. Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over and sprinkle spice mix over them. Place the tin inside the oven.
10) Bake for 30 to 35 mins until the chicken is cooked, tender and golden.
11) To make the Salad; first put the carrots into a bowl.
12) Then, remove the zest and pith from the oranges using a sharp knife. Cut into segments between membranes. Put them inside the bowl with the carrots.
13) Scatter the reserved cinnamon and a pinch of black pepper over the bowl and toss.
14) Take 4 plates, divide the salad leaves between and spoon over the salad.
15) Place the chicken by the side. Sprinkle the coriander leaves over the plates. Serve.