|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Variety)|
|Sage/Orange honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F
2. Grease a baking pan with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour and salt.
4. Add small cubes of 1/2 of the shortening and rub into the flour with your finger tips until it resembles bread crumbs.
5. Cut in the remaining shortening cut into small pieces.
6. Add a few spoonfuls of cold water and lightly stir the mixture to bind together to resemble pie crust dough.
7. Turn out onto a work surface and lightly knead into a dough.
8. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for a few hours.
9. Divide dough into 30 equal sized balls.
10. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each ball into a paper thin rectangular sheet.
11. In the greased baking pan, stack six pastry sheets, one on top of the other, dusting each sheet lightly with cornstarch before placing the next on top.
12. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
13. Continue stacking pastry sheets, brushing with butter and sprinkling nuts after every 6 sheets.
14. Spread ½ cup honey on the top.
15. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
16. Remove and cool for 20 minutes.
17. Cut pastry into diamonds.
18. Drizzle honey on top and serve warm or chilled