CONVERT a ready-made pita bread, bake at 250 oF for 25-30 minutes. Add OLIVE oil, sprinkle red pepper + garlic powder for added ZEST. MAKE HUMMUS DIP FOR AN INSTANT PARTY TO NIGHT.
2 (cut into triangles)
For hummus dip
Canned garbanzo beans
1 Cup (16 tbs) (drained the water and save 2/3)
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
1 Teaspoon, minced
1⁄6 Cup (2.67 tbs), chopped finely
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Salt and pepper
FOR PITA CHIPS
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degree F.
2. Slice the pita bread into triangles.
3. Place them in a tray and bake in the oven until crunchy and light brown.
4. Serve the Pita Chips with hummus dip.
FOR HUMMUS DIP
1. In a blender, put garbanzo beans, olive oil, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, lime juice, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
2. Blend everything to a smooth paste. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
3. Serve the Hummus Dip with pita chips and enjoy!
Need a last minute recipe for your kitty party? Serve crispy pita chips with delicious hummus. Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to whomp up crispy, tasty pita chips at home and team it up with tasty hummus. Easy to make and tantalizing to the taste buds, this one's sure to bail you out from your last minute food-fix any day.
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 441.9 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Making Of Instant Pita Chips & Spreads Or Other Dips Recipe Video, Instant Pita Chips With Garbanzo Bean Dip