Moroccan Sweet-Pepper Chicken
|Boneless chicken breast halves||3 , boiled|
|Sweet peppers||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced (Fresh Or Frozen, Unthawed, Any Color)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large pot, boil the chicken breasts until very tender, about 1 hour. (This is a great task to do ahead of time while getting other things done in your life.)
2. Shred the chicken on a cutting board and set aside.
3. In a Dutch oven or large covered frying pan, simmer the peppers in 1/2 cup water for 15 minutes. Add shredded chicken and keep on low heat.
4. In a small bowl, use a whisk to stir together all the sauce ingredients except the almonds. Pour the sauce over the chicken and pepper mixture and simmer the combination, covered, for ten minutes.
5. Serve over rice and, if desired, add the almonds on top for non-braces eaters.
To see more great recipes like this, you can purchase The Braces Cookbook at www.amazon.com.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 147.9 mg49.3%
Sodium 3871.9 mg161.3%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.8%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 72 g143.2%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 626.9%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet