Moroccan Sweet-Pepper Chicken
|Boneless chicken breast halves||3 , boiled|
|Sweet peppers||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced (Fresh Or Frozen, Unthawed, Any Color)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large pot, boil the chicken breasts until very tender, about 1 hour. (This is a great task to do ahead of time while getting other things done in your life.)
2. Shred the chicken on a cutting board and set aside.
3. In a Dutch oven or large covered frying pan, simmer the peppers in 1/2 cup water for 15 minutes. Add shredded chicken and keep on low heat.
4. In a small bowl, use a whisk to stir together all the sauce ingredients except the almonds. Pour the sauce over the chicken and pepper mixture and simmer the combination, covered, for ten minutes.
5. Serve over rice and, if desired, add the almonds on top for non-braces eaters.
To see more great recipes like this, you can purchase The Braces Cookbook at www.amazon.com.