Bison Kabobs with Cous Cous
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon, cracked|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Baby bello mushrooms||16 Ounce, washed and drained|
|Red pepper||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces (Save the tops and the bottoms)|
|Yellow pepper||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces (Save the tops and the bottoms)|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces (Save the tops and the bottoms)|
|Bison steaks||200 Gram, cut into 1 inch pieces (3 steaks)|
|For cous cous|
|Cous cous||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Squash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roasted and sliced|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roasted and sliced|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
1. Soak the skewer in the water for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
3. In a measuring cup add in the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, granulated garlic, cracked black pepper, oregano, basil, sea salt, and thyme. Whisk to combine all the ingredients.
4. Pour half of this marinade into a bowl with the baby Bello mushrooms, red onion, red, yellow and green peppers. Toss to coat.
5. In a medium bowl add in the bison, and pour in the other half of the marinade and toss.
6. Skewer the marinated vegetables and bison separately.
7. Cook the vegetable skewers on the grill for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently, and cook the bison skewers for about 3-4 minutes per side.
8. For Cous Cous – In a pot of boiling water, add in the cous cous and cover, turning the heat off.
9. Take out the cooked cous cous into a large bowl and add in the reserved peppers, green onion, squash and tomatoes.
10. Drizzle in extra virgin olive oil and juice the orange. Toss to combine.
11. Serve Cous Cous with the skewers placed on top.
Calories 824 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.3 mg8.1%
Sodium 442.8 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 26 g51.7%
Vitamin A 41.2% Vitamin C 246.6%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet