Almond Stuffed Figs
|Ripe figs||4 Large|
|Ground almonds||45 Gram (4 Tablespoon)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped dried apricots||2 Tablespoon|
|Natural yogurt||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Finely grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Orange)|
|Figs||1 , cut into wedges (For Decoration)|
|Mint leaves/Strawberry leaves||3 (For Decoration)|
1. Cut each fig into quarters using a sharp knife, taking care not to cut right down through the base.
2. Ease the four sections of each fig outward to form a flower shape.
3. Put the ground almonds, orange juice and chopped apricots into a small bowl and mix together thoroughly.
4. Divide this mixture into four, and press it into the centre of each fig.
5. For the sauce, mix the yogurt with the orange rind, and thin it down with just a little water, or orange juice.
6. Spoon a small pool of orange yogurt onto each of four plates, and sit a stuffed fig into the centre of each pool. Decorate with the additional wedges of fig, and the mint or strawberry leaves.