Couscous Salad with Eggs and Vegetables
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice|
|Couscous||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , cut lengthwise into 8 wedges|
|Seedless grapes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), halved|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , cored, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise|
1. Bring the chicken broth to boiling in a small saucepan over high heat. Add the carrot; lower the heat and simmer for 6 minutes or until the carrot is tender-crisp.
2. Add the couscous; stir. Cover the saucepan; remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl. Turn the couscous into the bowl with the dressing. Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the grains.
4. Bring 2 cups of water to boiling in a saucepan. Add the zucchini; boil for 8 minutes or until the zucchini is crisp-tender. Drain the zucchini and cool. Trim ends; half the zucchini lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
5. Add the zucchini, egg wedges, grapes and red pepper to the couscous; toss to blend well.
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.3 mg60.4%
Sodium 671.6 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 68% Vitamin C 57.2%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet