|Iceberg lettuce||1 Small|
|French beans||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Baby new potatoes||8 Ounce, scrubbed (225 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Tuna in brine||200 Gram, drained and flaked into small pieces (1 Can)|
|Low fat hard cheese||2 Ounce, cut into small cubes (50 Gram, Such As Edam)|
|Ripe cherry tomatoes||8 , quartered (Firm)|
|Pitted black olives||2 Ounce, halved (50 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|For lime vinaigrette|
|Light olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , rind grated|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut the lettuce into 4 and remove the hard core. Tear into bite-sized pieces and arrange on a large serving platter or 4 individual plates.
2. Cook the French beans in boiling salted water for 8 minutes and the potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water until cool, then cut both the beans and potatoes in half with a sharp knife.
3. Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly under a cold running tap until cool. Remove the shells under water and cut each egg into 4.
4. Remove the seeds from the pepper and cut into thin strips and finely chop the onion.
5. Arrange the beans, potatoes, eggs, peppers and onion on top of the lettuce. Add the tuna, cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle over the olives and garnish with the basil.
6. To make the vinaigrette, place all the ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shake vigorously until everything is mixed thoroughly. Spoon 4 tablespoons over the top of the prepared salad and serve the remainder separately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1530 Calories from Fat 743
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.9%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g90.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 780.1 mg260%
Sodium 1582.9 mg66%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.7%
Sugars 43 g
Protein 88 g175.9%
Vitamin A 119.7% Vitamin C 372.7%
Calcium 63.9% Iron 38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet