Falafel is a very popular food in the Arab East and in Israel it is regarded as a national food. Watch start to finish recipe video.This recipe for falafel and cuts down on preparation time. Perfect for those who want an easier version of falafel.
For the falafel
2 Cup (32 tbs), ground (Skinless Fava beans can be added as well)
1 , minced
3 Tablespoon, chopped finely
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
Green chili paste
Salt & pepper
All purpose flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. In a blender, puree the cilantro, ginger paste, garlic and green chili paste. Set aside.
To prepare the falafel:
2. In a bowl with the ground boiled chickpeas, add the minced onions, cilantro-ginger-garlic-green chili paste, sesame seeds, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Also add a pinch of baking soda and mix.
3. Meanwhile heat a pan with oil. Make patties with the prepared dough and dust them in all purpose flour and place them in the heated oil to fry.
4. Fry them till cooked and golden brown in color, drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
5. Serve the falafels as it is or as a sandwich as shown in the video.
Those of you who are fond of Mediterranean cuisine will definitely like the falafel. It is one of the popular dishes of Arab East. The chef shares her idea of making a falalfel sandwich in the video. It is something different and quite amazing. Check out the video for the recipe.