|For the falafel|
|Boiled chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs), ground (Skinless Fava beans can be added as well)|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Cilantro||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Green chili paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Baking soda||1 Pinch|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a blender, puree the cilantro, ginger paste, garlic and green chili paste. Set aside.
To prepare the falafel:
2. In a bowl with the ground boiled chickpeas, add the minced onions, cilantro-ginger-garlic-green chili paste, sesame seeds, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Also add a pinch of baking soda and mix.
3. Meanwhile heat a pan with oil. Make patties with the prepared dough and dust them in all purpose flour and place them in the heated oil to fry.
4. Fry them till cooked and golden brown in color, drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
5. Serve the falafels as it is or as a sandwich as shown in the video.
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 121.1 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet