Moroccan Couscous and Vegetable Salad
|Couscous||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Green onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Silvered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red onion||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium bowl, place the couscous.
2. In the boiling water, melt butter and pour over the couscous; simply cover and leave the couscous undisturbed for 5 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, gently fluff the couscous with a fork.
4. In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by combining the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, curry, turmeric, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the fluffed couscous and stir gently to combine the dressing with couscous.
6. Add carrots, green onions, cranberries, apricots, currants, parsley, almonds and red onion to the couscous.
7. Season with salt and pepper, as per the taste.
8. Serve at once or store in the refrigerator until ready for use.
I like to store it for at least a few hours to allow the flavors to meld, then remove from the refrigerator about an hour before serving to bring it up to room temperature.
This video is a creation of miriamleigh. You can visit miriamleigh for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.9 mg3.3%
Sodium 762 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 76.9% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet