Two Cheese Mediterranean Stir Fry
|Uncooked penne pasta||6 Ounce|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Whole fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cut into quarters|
|Diced eggplant||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into matchstick-size strips|
|Green bell pepper||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Plum tomatoes||4 , cut into quarters and seeded|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, well drained|
|Provolone cheese||3 Ounce, shredded|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet or wok. Heat over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, basil, salt and black pepper. Cook 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
3. Gently stir in tomatoes and capers, if desired. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Remove skillet from heat; toss with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, provolone cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
5. Place cooked pasta on serving platter. Spoon vegetable mixture over pasta and top with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.