This is one of the most delicious and healthy Mediterranean salad recipes. Check out yourself!
12 , cut into 3 inch pieces
Roasted red pepper
2 , cut into 1/4 inch squares
6 , cut into halves
1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into halves
8 Tablespoon, cut into 4 pieces
Panko bread crumbs
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight, drained
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (for garnishing)
Jarred kalamata olives
8 , cut into halves
1. Heat a non stick pan on medium heat, add olive oil(2 tablespoons). Add barley, toss and toast for 3 to 4 minutes, transfer to a bowl.
2. In the same non stick pan, olive oil(1 tablespoon), coat the goat cheese pieces with bread crumbs and place in non stick pan, toast each side for 2 minutes.
3. In the bowl with the barley, add the asparagus, red pepper , artichoke hearts and tomato.
4. Add balsamic vinegar to the bowl, along with olive oil(2 tablespoon),season with salt and pepper and toss to mix all ingredients well.
5. In plate, add some of the salad, top with the olives and place the toasted goat cheese on top and garnish with parsley. Serve warm with grilled chicken or fish.
Would you like to have some grilled vegetables? Here is a wonderful video that shows a great way to toss up your salad. The chef here speaks about the nutritional aspects of this unconventional salad that is truly impressive. Kick start your day with this refreshing salad and surely you will enjoy!