1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, place walnuts along with the spices.
3. Layer the phyllo dough in the pan, about three at a time, brush each layer with the melted butter.
4. Sprinkle with the nut mix.
5. Roll the dough away from you to form a cylinder
6. Cut the baklava cylinder into 2 inch wheels
7. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until the top and the sides turn into a nice golden color.
8. Pour the cold sugar syrup to the baklava rolls and let it stand for some time.
9. Serve at room temperature as a dessert or asa snack.
Take a look at this crispy, crunchy, sugary, flaky, nutty and what not baklava roll recipe and if you are the one with that sweetest tooth, this dish is for you. Watch the video for details. After all shape does matter, as mere rolling up this traditional dessert gives it a great new look.