1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. In a bowl, mash the boiled potatoes with some oil.
3. Grease a baking dish with olive oil.
4. Soak the wheat bulgur in water.
5. To the mashed potato add salt, black pepper, and allspice, mix well.Add the already soaked cracked wheat and mix.
6. In a pan, place onion along with olive oil, cook until onion turns translucent. Add the chopped walnuts and mix. Add in the spices, mix again.
7. In the baking pan, flatten half of the potatoes and wheat dough. Spread the onion and walnut mixture.Add the top layer by flattening the dough into hand size pieces. Smooth the top layer by wetting your hand in little water.
8. Cut into squares or diamond shape, drizzle with olive oil.
9. Bake at 450F for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Serve with green salad or yogurt on the side.
Home cooked snacks have their own special features which is never their in the store bought ones. This pan potato kibbeh is also such a unique dish that is crisp, flavorful and oh! so surprising with those nutty layers. Watch the video clip and get ready to give a crispy crunchy treat to your loved ones.