Gooseberry And Elderflower Crumble
|Gooseberries||20 Ounce, topped and tailed (550g)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175g)|
|Elderflower cordial||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (75g, soft, plus extra for greasing)|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce (175g)|
|Pecan nuts||2 Ounce, roughly chopped (50g)|
|Custard/Ice cream /cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to serve)|
1) Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2) Grease a 2 pint ovenproof dish and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, place together gooseberries, 2/3 of sugar and the elderflower cordial.
4) Simmer the gooseberry mixture for 5 minutes, until the fruit is soft.
5) Remove the gooseberry mixture into the greased dish.
6) In a bowl, rub the butter into the flour, until the mixture is grainy.
7) Mix in the remaining sugar and pecan nuts.
8) Dredge the flour mixture over the gooseberries mixture.
9) Using palate knife level the surface.
10) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the topping is golden.
11) Portion the crumble among individual serving bowls.
12) Serve warm with fresh custard, ice cream or pouring cream.