|Acorn squash||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch dice|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips|
|Carrots||2 , cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 1/4 inch dice|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||1 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Canned plum tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can, With Their Liquid)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices|
|Golden raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Cooked chickpeas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Toasted sliced almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint||2 Teaspoon|
1. Place the acorn squash, bell pepper, carrots and stock in a medium-size saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is golden. Transfer the onion to a plate and set aside.
3. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, then add the chicken and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or just until the chicken is browned. Transfer the chicken and garlic to the plate with the onion.
5. In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes and their liquid, the zucchini, raisins, salt, black pepper, cinnamon and hot pepper sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon, and simmer about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the squash mixture and cook about 4 minutes more to combine the flavors. Return the onion, chicken and garlic to the skillet, then add the chickpeas, and cook 2 minutes, or until the ingredients are heated through.
7. Spoon the stew into 4 bowls and top with almonds and mint.
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 526.2 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 35 g69.1%
Vitamin A 143.5% Vitamin C 132.3%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet