Baba Ganouche is a Middle Eastern appetizer or dip made from eggplant.
2 Clove (10 gm), pressed
Fresh lemon juice
Extra-virgin olive oil
Pita bread rounds
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the eggplants in half and place it on a baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
4. Once done remove and let it cool, scoop out the flesh using spoon, discard the skin.
5. Mash the eggplant with a fork until smooth.
6. Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and the cumin and mix well. Season with salt to taste, and add more tahini, lemon juice, to taste.
7. Drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with parsley, olives and sun flower seeds.
8. Serve with baba ganouche with rice crackers or pita bread.