Moussaka In Cheese Sauce
|Cooked minced meat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, pureed|
|Potatoes||2 Large, sliced into rounds and fried|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To prepare the sauce, saute the onions in the melted butter till golden brown.
2. Put in the flour and fry.
3. Add milk gradually stirring continuously till the sauce is thick.
4. Add cheese and seasoning and stir till cheese is blended.
5. Line the sides and the bottom of the baking dish with the slightly fried potato.
6. Roast the brinjal and remove the skin.
7. Chop up the roasted flesh.
8. Add the pureed tomatoes and fry together, adding the seasoning.
9. Put a layer each of mince and mashed brinjals over the potatoes.
10. Pour the cheese sauce over it and bake in a moderate oven. Instead of mashed brinjals, fried round slices of brinjal can be used alternately with the mince.