Make Dolmas, A Stuffed Grape Leaf Treat
|Fresh grape leaves/Pickled grape leaves||150 Gram (12-15 leaves)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground meat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red chili pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic bread||1 Pound, sliced|
|Mixed vegetables||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped (divided)|
|Garlic chutney||2 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. In a bowl, add meat, rice, onion, garlic, ginger, nuts, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
3. Place grape leaves on work surface. Put 2 tablespoonful of mix over them and warp the leaves.
4. In a casserole, arrange the wrapped dolmas. Spread over the raisins.
5. Add red chili pepper and pour the olive oil over them.
6. Cover the casserole and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
7. Toast the garlic bread in microwave oven for 5-10 minutes
8. In a bowl, put half of the fresh mixed vegetables. Add garlic chutney and mix with vegetables. Add half of the yogurt and olive oil. Toss well
9. In another bowl, combine the remaining fresh vegetables with yogurt.
10. Serve the Dolmas with Toasted Garlic Bread, Thepla and Fresh Salads. Enjoy!
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.3%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.7 mg7.6%
Sodium 403.4 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 21 g42.9%
Vitamin A 203.9% Vitamin C 23.5%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet