|Chicken breast||3 , halved and trimmed of fat and membrane (Boneless Skinless)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), thinly sliced|
|Sage leaves||20 (Do Not Substitute Dried)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Flatten each breast by pounding it between 2 pieces of waxed paper with a mallet, rolling pin, or bottle. Pound it as thinly as possible, being careful not to tear the chicken. Set it aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and sage and cook until both are toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove them with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel. Do not wash the pan.
3. On each chicken breast, place half a slice of prosciutto, if desired, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, and equal amounts of half the reserved garlic and sage. Fold each chicken breast and seal the edges by pinching with your fingers. Reheat the skillet.
4. If necessary, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Dust each chicken breast with flour. Sprinkle salt in pan and add the chicken. Cook, over medium heat, about 4 minutes on the first side and 3 on the second.
5. Remove the chicken and set aside. Raise the heat in the pan to high and add the wine; bring it to a boil, and pour it over the chicken. Top each breast with reserved garlic and sage.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1498 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.2%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 331.7 mg110.6%
Sodium 2706.7 mg112.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 153 g306.2%
Vitamin A 577.3% Vitamin C 312.1%
Calcium 82.7% Iron 88.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet