|Canned walnuts||16 Ounce, finely chopped (1 Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Phyllo||16 Ounce (1 Package, Fresh/Frozen)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Honey||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
1. Grease 13" by 9" baking dish. In large bowl, mix finely chopped walnuts, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
2. Cut phyllo into 13" by 9" rectangles. In baking dish, place 1 sheet of phyllo; brush with some butter or margarine. Repeat to make 5 more layers of phyllo; sprinkle with 1 cup walnut mixture.
3. Place 1 sheet of phyllo in baking dish over walnut mixture; brush with melted butter or margarine. Repeat to make at least 6 layers, overlapping any small strips of phyllo to make rectangles, if necessary. Sprinkle 1 cup walnut mixture over phyllo. Repeat layering 2 times, ending with walnut mixture.
4. Place remaining phyllo on top of last walnut layer; brush with butter or margarine. With sharp knife, cut just halfway through layers in triangle pattern to make 24 servings (cut lengthwise into 3 strips; cut each strip crosswise into 4 rectangles; then cut each rectangle diagonally into 2 triangles). Bake in 300°F. oven 1 hour and 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
5. In small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat honey until hot but not boiling. Spoon hot honey evenly over hot Baklava. Cool Baklava in pan on wire rack at least 1 hour, then cover with foil and let stand at room temperature until serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7498 Calories from Fat 4163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 487 g748.6%
Saturated Fat 143.4 g716.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 2522.1 mg105.1%
Total Carbohydrates 735 g245.1%
Dietary Fiber 42 g167.9%
Sugars 399.7 g
Protein 113 g226.9%
Vitamin A 114.6% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 57% Iron 129.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet