Homemade Vegetarian Moussaka
|Courgette||2 , thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||5 , chopped in small chunks|
|Aubergine||1 , thinly sliced|
|Canned kidney beans||200 Gram, drained (1/2 tin)|
|Canned borlotti beans||200 Gram, drained (1/2 tin)|
|New potatoes||350 Gram, sliced|
|Peppers||2 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (handful)|
|Low fat natural yoghurt||250 Gram|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Parmesan cheese||80 Gram, grated|
|Cinnamon||To Taste (to flavour and season to your liking)|
|Salt||To Taste (to flavour and season to your liking)|
|Pepper||To Taste (to flavour and season to your liking)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large vessel boil water and cook aubergines and courgettes in it for 4 minutes (until it turns soft).
- Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl leaving water in the vessel. In the same bowl add potatoes, boil well until the potatoes get cooked and transfer to the same bowl.
- Heat a grilling pan in medium flame and add peppers to it. Cook until it softens and gets mildly charred. Once done, add to same bowl.
- Add tomatoes, beans, cinnamon, pepper, salt, basil, olive oil and mix well.
- In another bowl combine yogurt, egg, grated parmesan (1/2 of the quantity), cinnamon (optional) and mix well.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a baking dish, top with remaining cheese and yogurt mixture.
- Pop into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F/180°C (uncovered)
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.2 mg23.4%
Sodium 1128.8 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.1%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 79.7%
Calcium 47.6% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet