Easy Meatloaf With Medeterenian Twist
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chop|
|Celery stick||1 , chop|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Olive||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or olive tapenade)|
|Juice from olives||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream/Yogurt||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra lean minced beef||1 Pound|
|Extra lean minced pork||1 Pound (or lamb)|
|Breadcrumb||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hungarian paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry tomatoes preserved in olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In food processor, add garlic, celery, onion, olives, and juice from olives. Blitz well.
2. Add oregano, cilantro, Dijon mustard, and sour cream. Pulse.
3. In a large bowl, combine minced beef, and pork.
4. Drop garlic onion mixture, and breadcrumb into it.
5. Add paprika, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
6. Grease a 12-inch cast iron pan with oil, and transfer meat mixture into it. Spread it evenly.
7. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, Dijon mustard, and dry tomato preserved in olive oil. Mix well.
8. Put mixture on pan, and cover the meatloaf with it. Sprinkle cheese on top.
9. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
10. Pop the pan in oven, and bake for 45 minutes.
11. Cut and serve meatloaf warm.
You can also use any kind of oven safe dish instead of cast iron pan. If using a 10-inch pan, cook meatloaf for 50 minutes.
You can use yogurt instead of sour cream in topping.