Believe it or not, there's HFC in meatloaf! And there are lots of other fillers and chemicals listed on the ingredients list. This homemade version has fewer calories per slice, contains less fat and tastes incredible. Freeze any leftover portions for a quick and convenient meal later on.
2 , cut into small cubes
3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and roughly chopped
1 Medium, peeled and roughly chopped
2 Medium, roughly chopped
2 Medium, peeled and roughly chopped
Dry white wine
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Such As Chardonnay)
2 Pound (5% Fat)
2 Large, lightly beaten
2 Medium, crusts removed and cut into 0.25 inch cubes
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a food processor, add garlic and onions. Pulse until finely chopped.
3) Place in a medium bowl and repeat with celery and carrots.
4) Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat.
5) Add oil. When it shimmers, add bacon. Sauté until bacon begins to crisp, about 2 minutes.
6) Add chopped vegetables and thyme, and sauté until vegetables release their liquids and liquid evaporates.
7) Deglaze pan with white wine and cook until wine has evaporated and mixture is dry.
8) Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
9) In a large bowl, mix together (with your hands) ground sirloin, eggs, bread, salt, pepper and chopped vegetables, until completely combined.
10) Press meatloaf into an 8 3/4 x 4 3/4 loaf pan, mounding top slightly.
11) Set loaf pan on rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips.
12) Bake in oven 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
13) Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes. Internal temperature should rise another 7 to 10 degrees.
14) Remove meatloaf from pan and cut into 8 slices. Serve hot.
Nutritional information per serving (homemade version)
Calories: 236; total fat: 9g; cholesterol: 125mg; sodium: 782mg; carbohydrate: 7g; total dietary fiber: 1g; protein: 27g
If you're looking for the perfect recipe of Meatloaf then look no further. The chef shows the Homemade version which tastes better and has fewer calories. Most of all it tastes so delicious. So, do try it out.