Slow Cooked Meat Loaf
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Day old bread slices||2 , cubed|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrots||8 Medium, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|Red potatoes||8 Small|
1. In a bowl break eggs and add milk. Whisk well.
2. Add bread cubes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
3. Add the beef and mix.
4. Divide into potions and shape into round loaf.
5. Put the loaf in a 5-quarter slow cooker.
6. Spread ketchup on top of loaf.
7. Arrange carrots around it.
8. Peel the center of each potato and keep potatoes over carrots.
9. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
10. Simmer on low and cook covered for 7-8 hours longer until meat and the vegetables are done.
11. Serve hot.
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.2 mg33.7%
Sodium 633.5 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 273.9% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 6% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet