|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large frying pan, melt butter or margarine, saute onion until soft. Mix in chili powder and cook for 1 minute longer.
2. Using a knife, score frankfurters diagonally about 1/4 inch deep.
3. Keep them in a single layer in frying pan, add the onion mixture and coat the frankfurters in them.
4. In a 1-cup measure, mix catsup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce; pour over frankfurters.
5. Bring it to a boil and cover. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until frankfurters are puffed and heated through.
6. Serve hot.