Wheat Germ Meat Loaf
|Ground beef chuck/Round / hamburger||2 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce/Catsup- 1 cup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced and quartered|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 , cut in 1 inch squares|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a mixing bowl, add in the ground meat, breadcrumbs and wheat germ. Mix well.
3) Into the blender add in the tomato sauce, onion, green pepper, eggs, salt and pepper. Set the blender speed to coarsely chop the onion and green pepper. Let the motor pulse about 6 to 7 times.
4) Add the chopped mixture into the bowl of meat. Mix well.
5) Transfer the mixture into a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan.
6) Bake for about 60 minutes or till the meat is cooked through.
7) Let the meatloaf cool down in the loaf pan before taking it out.
8) The Wheatgerm Meatloaf can be served hot or cold. Serve Cheese Sauce on the side, if needed.
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.9 mg41%
Sodium 614.4 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet