|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (Hunt's, 1 can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fine cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Prepared mashed potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Hot)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
1. In a small saucepan empty the can of tomato paste and stir in the water. keep aside.
2. Use a 2-piece meat loaf pan or line a loaf pan (9-X5-X3-inch) with foil.
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F (170 degree C)
4. In a large bowl, combine beef with ½ cup of the tomato paste sauce.
5. Add the remaining ingredients except the potatoes and cheese.
6. Tip the bowl and mix thoroughly but lightly using a fork. Break up the meat lumps.
7. Shape into a loaf and place into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake in hot oven for 50 to 60 minutes until cooked.
9. Drain the juices into the saucepan with the tomato sauce.
10. Remove meatloaf from tin onto a shallow baking pan again draining the juices if any, into the saucepan.
11. Cover the loaf with mashed potatoes and frost with cheese.
12. Return the meatloaf to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
13. In the meantime, heat the sauce over gentle flame, seasoning it to taste.
14. Slice and serve the Undercover Meatloaf with the sauce poured on top.