Snow Peaked Meat Loaf
|Canned condensed golden mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (Campbell's, 1 can)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Line a 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ½ cup soup, onion, crumbs, egg and salt.
4. Mix thoroughly and form into a loaf. Place in loaf pan.
5. Bake in hot oven for 1 hour.
6. Drain the fat from the pan into a saucepan and reserve the drippings.
7. Cover the loaf with the mashed potatoes and frost with generous sprinkle of cheese.
8. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes and cheese are lightly gratinated.
9. Remove and rest the meatloaf while preparing the gravy.
10. Into the drippings, stir in remaining soup and add water.
11. Boil and reduce the liquid until thick, stirring occasionally.
12. Slice and serve the Snow Peaked Meatloaf with the gravy.