Meatloaf A La Russe
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground sausage||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Herb stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packaged, Crumb-style)|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||8 Large, sliced (Dole)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet pickle relish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Nalley)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Use a 2-piece meat loaf pan or line a loaf pan (9-X5-X3-inch) with foil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F (170 degree C)
3. In a large bowl, combine the meats and mix thoroughly breaking up the lumps.
4. Add the remaining except the mushrooms and pickle relish and water.
5. Tip the bowl and mix thoroughly but lightly using a fork.
6. Shape into a loaf and place into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake in hot oven for 1 1/4 to 1 ½ hours until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Drain the drippings into a saucepan.
9. Let stand for a while before inverting the meatloaf onto a serving platter.
10. Add mushrooms to the drippings and sautÃ© them on medium high until tender.
11. Stir in relish and water.
12. Heat, stirring.
13. Pour over the loaf.
14. Slice and serve the Meatloaf A La Russe warm or cold.