Hi Ho Meat Loaf
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Crackers||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed finely with a rolling pin (Hi Ho Brand)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Freshly grated horseradish||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Line a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil or grease it well.
3. In a large bowl, combine two meats and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, reserving about 1/4 cup catsup.
5. Mix thoroughly and form into a loaf. Place in loaf pan.
6. Bake in hot oven for 1 hour.
7. Drain the fat from the pan.
8. Glaze the loaf with remaining catsup.
9. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes.
10. Slice and serve the Hi-Ho Meatloaf hot or chill and serve it cold.
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.1%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.6 mg57.2%
Sodium 1391.3 mg58%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 36 g71.4%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet