Best Ever Meat Loaf
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup/Golden mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (Campbell's Brand)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Slightly beaten eggs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Line a 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ½ cup soup, onion, crumbs, egg and salt.
4. Mix thoroughly and form into a loaf. Place in loaf pan.
5. Bake in hot oven for 1 hour.
6. Drain the fat from the pan into a saucepan and reserve the drippings.
7. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Remove and rest the meatloaf while preparing the gravy.
9. Into the drippings, stir in remaining soup and add water.
10. Boil and reduce the liquid until thick, stirring occasionally.
11. Slice and serve the Best Ever Meat Loaf with the gravy and mashed potatoes if you like.