Stove top Meat Loaf
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Processed cheese slice||2 , halved|
1) In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup tomato soup, onion, beaten egg, and seasonings together; mix thoroughly.
2) Shape the beef mixture firmly into 2 loaves.
3) In a skillet, saute the loaves in shortening, until browned on both the sides
4) Then cover and cook over a low heat for 25 minutes; drain off the excess fat.
5) Stir in rest of the tomato soup, water, mustard.
6) Top the loaves with cheese slices and cook uncovered for another 10 minutes.
7) Slice and serve the Stove top Meat Loaf immediately on a serving platter.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 119.1 mg39.7%
Sodium 699.8 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet