Prize Winning Meat Loaf
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), uncooked (Quaker Brand, Quick Or Old Fashioned Type)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
FOR GETTING READY
1. Use a 2-piece meat loaf pan or line a loaf pan (9-X5-X3-inch) with foil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F (170 degree C)
3. In a large bowl, add the meat and break up the lumps.
4. Add the remaining ingredients.
5. Tip the bowl and mix thoroughly but lightly, using a fork.
6. Turn into prepared loaf pan and shape.
7. Bake in hot oven for 1 1/4 to 1 ½ hours until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Let the loaf stand for 5 minutes in oven after turning off the heat.
8. Slice and serve the Prize Winning Meat Loaf with a sauce or gravy if you like.
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.2 mg38.4%
Sodium 421.1 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 24 g47.1%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 2% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet