Baked Meatloaf With Paprika
|Ground chuck||2 Pound|
|Ground turkey meat||1 Pound|
|White bread slices||3|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium|
|Chipotle pepper chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bittersweet smoked spanish paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Barbeque sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Soak bread in milk for 15 minutes and blend in the Cuisinart until smooth.
3. Sauté diced onion with olive oil - cook for about five minutes - add diced peppers – and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Place ground beef and turkey in a large mixing bowl - add cooked onion and peppers - mix by hand. Next add whole egg, salt, chili powder, paprika, barbecue sauce and bread mixture - keep mixing until everything is well blended.
5. Transfer mixture into a meatloaf mold - it can be a glass or metal mold - then brush the top with barbecue sauce.
6. Fill an 11x9 inch baking dish half way with hot water - place meatloaf mold in the baking dish and bake at 350 to 370 degrees for one hour, then cover the meatloaf with foil and cook for another half hour or until cooked.
7. Let meatloaf cool for a half hour before you serve it.
This recipe is great with mashed potatoes and Caesar salad, and is excellent served hot or cold as a sandwich on a sourdough bun.
For more information please visit: http://www.easymacuisine.com