Buffet Turkey Loaf
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||1 Teaspoon|
|Turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked and chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Season all||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Soften the gelatin in water in a small saucepan.
2) Add the seasoned stock base and heat the mixture till the gelatin melts.
3) Cool the mixture and then combine it with all the remaining ingredients.
4) Into a 1 ½ quart mold, pour the mixture and chill till firm.
5) Remove the loaf from the mold.
6) Serve the loaf while it is still chilled or let it sit at room temperature for some time and then serve. Garnish with olive slices and surround with asparagus if preferred. Pimiento strips can be used as topping. Makes a good main course dish as well as appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2224 Calories from Fat 1327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.4%
Saturated Fat 46.7 g233.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 677.3 mg225.8%
Sodium 3826.7 mg159.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 178 g356.9%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 43.3% Iron 59.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet