Barbecued Meat Loaf
|Chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||4 Ounce (1/2 an 8-ounce can)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato sauce||2 1⁄2 Can (25 oz)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Preheat the broiler.
3) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for meat loaf together.
4) Mix thoroughly and shape the meat mixture into a loaf.
5) On a Pyrex cake pan, place the meat loaf and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
6) Remove fron the oven and refrigerate until required.
7) In a pan, mix the sauce ingredients and simmer for a few minutes.
8) Slice the meat loaf into 1 1/2 inch slices and place on a wire hot-dog rack.
8) Place under a broiler about 3 inches from the heated coals and barbecue, basting occasionally with the sauce, as desired.
9) Pour the sauce over the sliced Barbecued Meat Loaf and serve immediately.