Barbecued Meat Loaf
|Chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||4 Ounce (1/2 an 8-ounce can)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato sauce||2 1⁄2 Can (25 oz)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Preheat the broiler.
3) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for meat loaf together.
4) Mix thoroughly and shape the meat mixture into a loaf.
5) On a Pyrex cake pan, place the meat loaf and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
6) Remove fron the oven and refrigerate until required.
7) In a pan, mix the sauce ingredients and simmer for a few minutes.
8) Slice the meat loaf into 1 1/2 inch slices and place on a wire hot-dog rack.
8) Place under a broiler about 3 inches from the heated coals and barbecue, basting occasionally with the sauce, as desired.
9) Pour the sauce over the sliced Barbecued Meat Loaf and serve immediately.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.2 mg36.7%
Sodium 485.7 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet