Old Fashioned Meat Loaf
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Tomato sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In large bowl, beat egg until foamy and mix in beef, bread crumbs, onion, 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) of the tomato sauce, salt, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter ) of the mustard and pepper.
2. Make 9- x 5-inch (23 x 12 cm) loaf from the mixture and place in 11- x 7-inch (2 liter) baking dish.
3. Covering with vented plastic wrap microwave at High for 5 minutes until meat is no longer pink rotating dish once and drain off fat.
4. With cover microwave at Medium (50%) for 10 to 12 minutes until meat is cooked through, rotating dish twice and drain off fat.
5. In a bowl mix together brown sugar, vinegar, remaining tomato sauce and mustard and spread over loaf.
6. Microwave uncovered at High for 2 minutes or until sauce is hot.
7. Serve hot with desired garnish.
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.6 mg61.9%
Sodium 703.4 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 45 g89.4%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet