Lean Meat Loaf
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine first 10 ingredients for the meat loaf.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Turn the mixture into a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf dish which is microwave proof.
4. Cover the dish with waxed paper and place in the microwave oven
5. Set the level to 5 and cook the meat loaf for about 30 minutes.
6. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer which should reach 160Â° F.
7. Stir together the catsup and Worcestershire sauce and pour over meat loaf.
8. Cover and let the meat loaf stand for 5 minutes.
9. Slice and serve warm along with potatoes and vegetables on the side.