Dill Sauced Meat Loaf
|Meat loaf mixture||1 1⁄2 Pound (Ground Beef And Pork)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Slice)|
|Dill pickle juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dill pickle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Combine meat-loaf mixture lightly with onion, bread crumbs, dill-pickle juice, egg, salt, and pepper.
3) In a shallow baking pan, place the mixture figuring it into a loaf.
4) Mix together dill pickle, catsup, water, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
5) Spoon the sauce mixture over loaf and bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven, basting twice with sauce in pan.
6) Again bake for 35 minutes without basting until the loaf is richly glazed.
7) Serve hot.