|Lean ground turkey||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped or grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), put through a garlic press|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Small, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, place the ground turkey.
3. With a fork break it up.
4. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and milk.
5. Mix this into the ground turkey.
6. Add the egg white to this and mix well.
7. Next, mix in the onion, garlic, green pepper, catsup, oregano, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste thoroughly.
8. Take a 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan and pour the mixture in.
9. Rap the pan on the counter to settle the meat, and smooth the top with the back of a fork.
10. In the oven, bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes.
11. The loaf will shrink a little and a savory liquid collected in the dish. Carefully pour this out on a bowl. It can be used as gravy later on.
12. In a bowl, mix the glaze ingredients – brown sugar, catsup and mustard.
13. Spread the glaze over the top of the meatloaf.
14. Bake for 20 minutes more.
15. Let the loaf stand for 5 minutes or so before slicing it.
16. You can serve with low-fat mashed potatoes.