Glazed Ham Loaf
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced ham||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fruits||8 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In large bowl, combine milk, egg, catsup, mustard and pepper and beat until well blended.
3. Stir in bread crumbs and let mixture stand several minutes.
4. Mix well adding ham, veal, onion and parsley.
5. In shallow baking pan, shape meat into loaf about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide.
6. Bake ham loaf, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
To make Fruit Glaze:
7. Into a small saucepan drain syrup from fruit and bring it to boiling adding brown sugar and vinegar stirring.
8. Add fruit reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Remove saucepan from heat.
10. Remove ham loaf from oven.
11. Pour glaze over loaf, arranging the fruit attractively on top.
12. Bake ham loaf 30 minutes longer.
13. With wide spatula, remove ham loaf to a warm platter.
14. Over top of the loaf spoon glaze from pan.
15. Serve with cabbage wedges, if desired and pass Mustard Sauce separately.