Classic Meat Loaf
|Ground lean beef/Ground beef - 1 1/2 pounds and ground pork or sausage - 1/2 pound||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary/Marjoram/sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|White bread slice||4|
|Milk/Light beef/chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add beef, onion, salt, pepper, rosemary and eggs to combine well.
3) Trim off the bread crusts and dip into milk or stock. Combine the bread into the liquid.
4) Add the bread mixture, into the meat mixture to blend thoroughly.
5) In a lightly buttered loaf pan 9 X 5 X 2 1/2 inches, pack the mixture by mounding it slightly on top.
6) Add bacon slices on top and place inside oven to bake for 1 1/4 hours.
7) Cut the loaf in slices and serve hot or cold as picnic loaf.
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.3 mg26.1%
Sodium 764 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet