Currant Glazed Ham Loaf
|For ham loaf|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Ground cooked ham||1 Pound|
|Grated raw potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated process cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together all ingredients for meat loaf in it using a fork.
3) Into a 9x5x3 loaf pan, spoon the mixture and then unmold it into a shallow pan, being careful while removing loaf pan.
4) For the glaze, allow jelly to melt in hot water and stir in mustard.
5) Apply top of loaf with glaze and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven until meat is cooked well and top is a rich golden brown.
6) Serve hot.
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163 mg54.3%
Sodium 793.3 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 42 g84.7%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet