Meat Loaf A La Lindstrom
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Roasted beet||1 Medium, peeled and coarsely grated|
|Idaho potato||1 , cooked, peeled, and cut into small dice|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Allspice||1 Teaspoon, ground|
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a bowl, place the meats and mix in rest of the ingredients.
3) Toss the meat gently, being careful not to overmix.
4) Shape the mixture into a thick round loaf.
5) Take a shallow ovenproof dish; place the loaf in it and bake for about 1 hour in preheated oven until cooked well.
6) Keep aside the loaf for 10 to 15 minutes.
7) Serve in slices.
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.9%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g67.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143 mg47.7%
Sodium 139.7 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 29 g58.5%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet