Meat Loaf A La Lindstrom
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Roasted beet||1 Medium, peeled and coarsely grated|
|Idaho potato||1 , cooked, peeled, and cut into small dice|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Allspice||1 Teaspoon, ground|
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a bowl, place the meats and mix in rest of the ingredients.
3) Toss the meat gently, being careful not to overmix.
4) Shape the mixture into a thick round loaf.
5) Take a shallow ovenproof dish; place the loaf in it and bake for about 1 hour in preheated oven until cooked well.
6) Keep aside the loaf for 10 to 15 minutes.
7) Serve in slices.