Ham Vegetable Loaf
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated pared raw carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use About 1 Large)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a medium-size frying pan, heat butter or margarine and sauté onion, celery, and carrot lightly in it.
3) Stir in bouillon cube and water until cube dissolves and simmer the mixture, covered for 5 minutes.
4) Take a large bowl and mix together ground ham, cooked vegetables and liquid, eggs, thyme, pepper, and lemon juice in it.
5) Into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan, pack the mixture and bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven until crisp and golden on top.
6) Release the loaf around edges and transfer onto a heated serving platter.
7) Serve the loaf hot in slices with mustard sauce.