|Smoked picnic ham||4 Pound|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 0.25 Ounce)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ham stock||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Made Hot)|
1. Prepare the ham by simmering the ham in hot water for 2 hours.
2. Follow the instructions that are on the package to ensure that the ham is cooked through.
3. Prepare the gelatin by softening it in cold water
4. Dissolve the softened gelatin in hot ham stock and add bouillon cubes to the mix
5. Once the ham is cooled, shred the meat finely.
6. Remove the bones and put the shredded meat through the food processor to get a coarse chunky mix.
7. Add horseradish to the mix along with mustard to taste.
8. Add the meat mixture to the gelatin mixture and pour the mixture into 9 1/2x5x3-inch loaf pan
9. Chill the mixture till firm
10. Demold just before serving
11. Serve with cold whipped cream and pitted olives.
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.9 mg13.6%
Sodium 1461.3 mg60.9%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.49%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.83%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet